Welcome to Pembrokeshire Outdoor Schools!
What is an Outdoor School?
An Outdoor School teaches pupils to become fully engaged with, and confident in their local environment. Through regular visits to their local outdoor areas the children develop a strong sense of well-being and enjoy physical activity. They acquire a useful knowledge of ecology and sustainability, and develop communication skills by sharing this knowledge with others.
Objectives of an Outdoor School:
- To develop children’s sense of well-being through regular activities in their local environment.
- To ensure that children are confident and fully engaged with the outdoor environment.
- To develop children’s desire to be fit and active in the outdoors.
- To develop children’s knowledge of the ecology of their local area.
- To develop children’s knowledge and understanding of sustainability within the context of their local environment.
- To develop communication skills by sharing their knowledge with others.